I used rolled oats, and substituted slivered almonds for the walnuts. The batter was quite liquid and did not hold together at all, but I went ahead and baked them as instructed… they turned out beautifully! They made the house smell wonderful. They are a mildly sweet, nutty, deliciously nourishing way to start a morning with the kids.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Place heaping tablespoons on a parchment lined pan and gently press with a fork.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 4 days.