This cheesy chicken quesadillas recipe is creamy and super easy to make. It’s an easy meal your family will love.
The key to this super easy recipe is the chicken. These quesadillas are loaded with shredded chicken. Even better, I use a Rotisserie chicken from the deli department at my local grocery store to save on cooking time. It cuts way down on prep time and, since the Rotisserie has all those wonderful flavors already, it saves time on extra seasoning, too.
Here’s how I like to make mine.
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- dash of salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional: Serve the quesadillas with sour cream if desired.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the first six ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat until cream cheese is melted and blended throughout the mixture.
- Lightly brush one side of each tortilla with butter and place (butter side down) on baking sheet.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture on one half of the tortilla and then cover with a good sprinkling of the cheese.
- Fold over each tortilla and bake for about 10 minutes until slightly crisp and lightly brown.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy!