This is a super quick’n easy recipe. In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese with finely chopped spinach, red bell pepper, artichoke hearts, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Then roll dough into a thin rectangular sheet. Evenly spread the prepared spinach mixture. Roll up the dough sheet to form swirls of ricotta cheese and spinach mixture. Slice the roll into roughly 1/2″ slices to form pinwheels. Bake these pinwheels until well done in a preheated oven.
You can arrange these artichoke spinach pinwheels into a Christmas tree shape before baking. And you would have a perfect pull-apart appetizer for the Christmas party!
- 8 oz croissant dough or pizza dough homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup red pepper finely chopped
- 2 medium artichoke hearts finely chopped
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes optional
- 1-2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add spinach, red pepper, artichoke hearts, ricotta cheese, minced garlic, salt, chili flakes, and pepper. Mix well to combine
- Roll the dough into about 12″ x 8″ thin rectangular sheet
- Spread the ricotta mixture evenly on the dough sheet.
- Then roll up the sheet to form swirls of the ricotta-spinach mixture.
- Carefully cut the roll into 1/2″-3/4″ slices. Arrange these slices on the lined baking sheet into a Christmas tree shape
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until well done
- Sprinkle some finely grated parmesan cheese and serve warm
- Recipe Notes
- You can also use homemade pizza dough instead of pre-made croissant dough. However, note the baking time may vary.