crowd pleaser. everyone always begs for these but i recommend the following: 1. don’t use double stuf oreos (they fall apart, it’s messy, just don’t try it) 2. you can subsitute almond bark for the outer coating, it’s delicious. 3. the chocolate outer coating is really really hard to put on the oreo balls so first make sure that you CHILL the balls. then melt the wgite chocolate on low heat or microwave and my method of dipping (so that the balls wouldn’t fall apart and get the white chocolate all dirty) was to take two spoons and kind of roll it around / spoon chocolate onto the ball. (that’s because the toothpick into an oreo ball sometimes causes the entire thing to fall apart)
- 36 Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz. white chocolate chips
- Oreo crumbs,for decorating
- Place the Oreo cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add the cream cheese and pulse until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the mixture into balls about 1-inch in diameter. I like to use cookie scoop.
- Place the cookie balls in the freezer until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Remove truffles from freezer and dip in melted chocolate chips.
- Garnish with reserved Oreo crumbs before the chocolate sets up.
- Let chocolate set, refrigerate and enjoy!